There are lots of ways to get involved in Capital City Comic Con! Submit a panel idea, become an exhibitor, sponsor the event with one of our many sponsorship opportunities, register for the Cosplay Contest or sign up as a volunteer!
When: Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 – Time TBC
Where: Lecture Hall in the Victoria Conference Centre
Type of Contest: Catwalk style with brief time to interact and show off your costume and character to the audience.
Contest Categories: Kids (12 & under) & Adults (13 & over) - Novice, Journeyman, Master, Closet Cosplay, Additional Awards: Judges Choice
COSPLAYING KIDS 12 & UNDER
Kids Cosplay Contest will have sign-up on Sunday at the convention. Sign-up place and time TBD.
Adult Cosplayers need to pre-register by filling out the Capital City Comic Con Cosplay Entry Form. Prior to registering please read our Cosplay Contest Rules HERE. If you have any questions regarding this process, please email our Cosplay Contest Coordinators from North Pacific Cosplay at NorthPacificCosplay@gmail.com
ENTRIES WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59PM ON FRIDAY MARCH 13, 2020.
Read contest rules here before applying.
- Novice: New to cosplay/sewing. Having limited experience in creating costumes. They haven't won any awards previously at the con. Costume must be partially made by themselves.
- Journeyman: Has some experience in costuming for themselves, not professional. Who may have won award(s) in the past. Costume must be mostly made by themselves.
- Master: Person who has been sewing and creating for many years. Costume must be entirely made by themselves (minus footwear/wigs and the like). Anyone can enter this category at own discretion.
- Closet Cosplay: A no-sew category. A costume that has been put together using items already found in your closet or thrifted. Alterations can be made to these items (hemming, adding trim, ribbon etc.)
- Judges Choice: This can be for armor, prop, embroidery or anything they like from any category.
- Group: Two or more characters from the same fandom.
Sign Up as a Volunteer
Capital City Comic Con is always looking for energetic and dedicated people ages 16+ to help run a smooth con by expediting check-in, helping with panels, monitoring lines, checking props, and so much more! We are looking for volunteers to offer their time, talent and expertise in exchange for behind the scene access to the convention and an opportunity to meet others who have the same interests and passions for the comics, gaming and pop-culture community!
Volunteer applications for our 2020 Comic Con will be launched later this year!
Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers who dedicated their time to make our 2019 Comic Con such a success!
Become an Exhibitor
Learn About Sponsorship Opportunities
Want to help make this Capital City Comic Con a success? Want to have your brand associated with our convention and market your business to our attendees? View our 2020 Sponsorship Package.
For Sponsorship Opportunities, please contact:
Thank you for your support!
Interested in Media Passes?
Media Accreditation applications for 2020 will open later this year.